Fruit is rich in vitamins and minerals that provide strong health benefits for us. Apart from improving your health, fruit is great for shedding extra fat. Adding fruit to your daily diet can help you effectively lose weight. Adding fruit to your diet is a simple solution which can make a slow and steady transformation to your body weight.
The fact is that fruit requires low amounts of energy to be digested compared to any other food items. Therefore the energy produced can be used to break down the excess fat in the body. Almost all fruit contain natural sugar and if you concerned about weight loss, it is good to reduce this sugar intake as much as possible. As a solution, you can avoid some starchy fruit such as dates, bananas, breadfruit etc. It is good to eat fruits that are rich in fiber.
Below is a list of top 10 fruits that can help in losing weight as well as maintain general health:
1. Avocado: Avocado is packed with protein and fiber. This fruit include healthy mono-saturated fats such as Oleic acid which will make your body feel less hungry. Add a quarter or half of avocado fruit to your daily diet and it will melt your body fat away.
2. Lemon: Many nutritionists have common opinion that drinking lemon water is an effective way to reduce body weight. In addition to detoxifying your body from internal waste, lemon promotes the quick break of energy and speed up the process of weight loss.
3. Grapes: Grapes are good for shedding your body weight. One cup of grapes contains only few calories and high water content in this fruit helps you feel fullness. Red grapes have more antioxidants and nutrients than green grapes.
4. Berries: Berries such as blackberries, blueberries and raspberries are packed with full of nutrients including fiber and Vitamin C. The most important thing is that they have less sugar content. If you have craving for sweet, you can eat berries as snack which will help you lose weight.
5. Apple: The old sayings “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” is true when it comes to eat a healthy fruit and maintain a healthy weight. With less than 100 calories, 4gms of fiber and vitamin C, Apple is definitely a good fruit to reduce your excess fat.
6. Watermelon: Watermelon is an excellent fruit to a weight loss diet. It is low in calories, high in water content and is really filling. You can use it as a satisfying substitute to desserts and snacks.
7. Kiwi: Low in calories while high in dietary fiber content, kiwi fruit is good for weight loss. With high fiber content it provides a feeling of fullness and suppresses your appetite, which in turn beneficial for losing weight.
8. Pears: Pears is one of the best fruits for weight management. Just one pear contains 15% of fiber of your daily diet amount of fiber intake. Low in calories, you can take a one whole pear as a mid-day snack.
9. Strawberry: known for its delicious flavor, strawberry is fiber rich and high in vitamin C and help with weight loss as well. You can simply eat this fruit instead of a fatty sweet.
10. Cantaloupe: Cantaloupe is a low-calorie fruit which can be effective in a weight loss plan. It has lots of water content and nutritionally dense which make you feel full.
There are some people who do not like to consume fruit, because it is too sweet or because of its texture or acidic nature. For those who find it difficult to eat fruits, it may be preferable to blended fruit in juices, smoothies, etc.
Add more fruit to your diet for a Simple Solution for weight loss. Remember keep it natural, keep it real, and keep it simple.
I enjoy working out everyday. I workout for a hour but get so much more back in return. Below are some psychological gains from my hour of power.
Many people want to lose excess body fat and increase energy level. Some try dieting or fasting programs some of them succeed, others fail often ending up heavier and more depressed than when they started. Fad diet programs can significantly reduce your body weight, and leave you deprived and hungry. Despite all the media attention that is put on weight loss, the fact is most people are unaware of the psychological aspect of weight loss, fitness and health.
The simple solution to make your weight loss transformation is to lose weight slowly, in simple ways by incorporating lifestyle changes. Small changes to your daily habits over a period of time will result in keeping off body fat permanently.
Here are some simple lifestyle changes, which will help you lose weight:
Eat your food on a smaller plate: When the same amount of food is given on a smaller plate, you will feel you have got a substantial amount, causing you to eat less by avoiding those second or third helpings.
Drink water just before meals: Drinking water just before meals can fill you up which causes you to eat less and lead to gradual weight loss.
Read the nutrition label: Before you eat any food, just take a few seconds to read the nutrition facts on the food package. It will help you eat more healthy foods and avoid unhealthy items. If you can not pronounce it, do not eat it. The first couple items are the main ingredients where you receive your calories.
Limit high-fat foods: Choose your favorite high calorie/fat foods such as chocolates, cookies, ice creams, fries etc. Try to gradually reduce the high-fat foods week by week and try to include fresh fruits and vegetable to your daily diet.
Reduce cravings for food: Try this simply strategy. Use chocolate for example, and take a minute to look at it and then smell it. Then take a small bite and chew slowly and think about its taste and texture. Ask yourself, is this enough or do you need one more bite. If you want more, take the next bite slowly and repeat the steps as done previously. By following this eating strategy, you will find you are more satisfied and it will reduce your craving for your favorite food.
Eat fruits not fruit juice: Eating whole fruit is better than drinking fruit juice. It will add more fiber and fewer calories to your diet.
Get moving: Exercising is good for everyone. That does not mean hours in the gym. Just enhance your common lifestyle activities, such as walk five minutes more, take the stairs, a swim or anything you like to do. Make a decision to move more each day.
Change your thinking: One of the main reasons that people fail in reaching their weight loss goals is they think negative about their body. Your body image is affected by your surroundings, self-esteem and the way you are treated by other people. By just overcoming all the negative thoughts towards your own body image will results in successful weight loss transformations.
Do you have a simple solution for weight loss; we would like to know, so we can share it with our readers. Remember, small lifestyle changes done daily will make a difference.
Greek salad is a salad in Greek cuisine. Greek salad is made with pieces of tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, onion, feta cheese, and olives, typically seasoned with salt and oregano, and dressed with olive oil. I moved from the traditional version and added the drshelution twist. I first spiral cut a “English Cucumbers” and Onions. I chopped the tomatoes. Topped with olives, feta and sprinkled with oil and vinegar. Spiral cutting the vegetables takes this salad to a whole new level. Simple but sweet.
Greek Salad Dr. Shelution style