If you love Stuffed Green Peppers then you will love this soup.
This soup if full of favor. The taste of Stuffed Green Peppers but the convenience of a soup. This is a wonderful soup for the slow cooker.
- Need a quick meal and have leftover rice … this is a great go to meal.
- Tired of chili, but want the comfort of a hearty soup… give this a try.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 can of Red Gold tomatoes with roasted garlic and onions
- 16 to 32 oz of beef broth — use less for thicker soup, more for liquidy.
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 t basil
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Salt & pepper to season hamburger
- Brown beef
- Drain any grease from beef
- In slow cooker add beef, cooked rice, onion, tomatoes, green peppers and seasonings including garlic.
- Stir together
- Add tomato sauce and beef broth
- Cook on low for 2 to 4 hours depends on how tender you like your peppers. (I prefer crunchy peppers I cooked for 2 hours)
Note: If you cook the rice and beef the cook time is allow the seasonings and vegetables time to get tender.
However my sister said, when she is pressed for time she put everything in the slow cooker raw but the green peppers. This requires longer cook time 8 hours but it is a true slow cook meal. She adds the green pepper in the end, she is like me we prefer crunchy green peppers in the soup.