Try Chicken, sweet potatoes and broccoli as a meal or salad either way you will not be disappointed.
Are you tired of chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. If so, you will love this quick and easy chicken meal. The chicken breast is cut in chucks and marinated in garlic and herbs. The sweet potatoes are cubed and roasted along with the broccoli and onions.
- This is a great dish as a meal or a hearty salad.
- Eat it hot or cold
- Add a sweet and tangy salad dressing (see below) and you are in heaven.
I am not a fan of baked sweet potatoes but I was surprised that I enjoyed them cubed and roasted.
I prefer my broccoli chunky so I roasted the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes before I added the broccoli and onion.
When you are making your meal, make enough for lunch and a couple to put in the freezer.
- Roast sweet potatoes first 15 minutes
- Add broccoli and onion another 15 minutes until vegetables tender.
- Marinate meat with herbs and garlic
- Cook meat on separate cookie sheet
- When both meat and vegetables are done combine in a bowl add pecans and cranberries.
- 3 cups peeled cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 Chicken breast – cut in nugget sizes
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 red onion cut chucks
- 2 clove of garlic – minced
- 3/4 tsp of each – dried thyme, sage, rosemary and parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans – chopped
- 1/3 dried cranberries
- 4 T olive oil – 2 T – for vegetables, 2 T – for meat
I grew up eating candied sweet potatoes, so I made a sweet tangy dressing to drizzle on the top. The maple syrup gave the sweet potatoes sweetness without adding the tons of syrup that I am normally use to. This flavor also compliment the nuts and cranberries.
Dressing to drizzle on top. Use equal parts of olive oil, white balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup