Embrace Change with homemade deodorant.
Try this healthy alternative to store brands. A homemade deodorant can be made with only 4 basic ingredients but I researched different recipes on Pinterest to come up with this blend. I was surprised, just how easy it was to make and how effective it was when using.Try DIY Deodorant --- you will never use store brought again. Click To Tweet
A word of caution if you are normally use to an anti-perspirant DIY deodorant will allow you to sweat. I didn’t experience any odor but the wetness caught me off guard. I did enjoy using different essential oils for a fresh scent, lavender and jasmine was my favorite.
Check out my Transformation Tips for others health alternatives.
1/3 cup coconut oil
3 tablespoons beeswax pellets
2 tablespoons shea butter
1/3 cup arrowroot powder
2 tablespoons baking soda
15 drops lavendar essential oil — or a scent of your choice
5 drops of tea tree oil
Directions — fills 2 empty containers.
- Melt coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter. ( I used a double boiler)
- Stir in arrowroot and baking soda
- Add essential oil and tea tree oil
- Pour in empty deodorant containers.
- Let set or put into refrigerator until solid.
- Replace caps
- Use like any other deodorant.