Benefits of Chia Seeds in your diet.
Chia Seeds has emerged; with really groundbreaking promises and benefits from nutrition in the form of phosphorous, magnesium, protein and fiber, to help people with heart problems, weight issues etc. Let’s explore the benefits of Chia Seeds in your diet. But before that let’s explore the origin of these seeds!
Seeds of Salvia Hispancia are known as the Chia Seeds and this plant is a member of the mint family. This plant is native of only South America and the seeds are black and white in color. From the ancient times Chia Seeds were used as an important diet part of Mayans and Aztecs. The word Chia was given by the Mayans as it means ‘strength’. The following benefits can be achieved by adding these miraculous seeds to your diet. The suggested serving to obtain necessary benefits are 2 tablespoons per day about 120 calories. Although; this is a natural food, we recommend consulting your doctor with all dietary changes.
1. Nutrients – Chia Seeds are filled with many nutrients that are necessary elements for our physical health. Chia Seeds; provide energy and helps in reducing fat, making it a first choice of people who are seeking a healthy diet with weight reduction benefits. The nutrients strengthens the immune system and helps protect the body from harmful bacteria and allergens.
2. Antioxidants qualities – Chia Seeds have high amounts of antioxidants that helps the body to flush out toxins that creates health issues. They are also very helpful for fighting against production of cancer cells. Chia Seeds are said to have 30 percent more antioxidants than blueberries.
3. Suitable for weight loss – This is a perfect dietary element that you can easily add to your diet. It contains fiber and protein that reduces weight without affecting functionality of the body. It doesn’t lower the energy level of the body which is also an added advantage of Chia Seeds. The Chia Seeds will increase ten times its size when added to water or liquid resulting in feeling full and less hunger. Hence, potentially reducing the amount of food intake.
4. Omega 3 fatty acids – These magical seeds contains large quantities of Omega-3 fatty acids. This fat was only found in fish which many people avoid. This fatty acid is crucial for reducing weight as it helps to remove solid fats and toxins from body.
5. Good for hair and skin – They are also helpful for looking younger as they reduce ageing signs and helps for radiant fair skin. Many people have acclaimed that they have received healthy hair benefits as a results also by the regular intake of these amazing seeds.
To help you with adding Chia Seeds to your diet, sign up for our weekly newsletter for Chia Seed recipes and other Transformation Tips.